Monday, November 5, 2007

What is your price?

I just got done writing this whole wonderful little essay about not being so attached to your possesions, and how the rich man in the Bible was so sad because Jesus told him to sell all his possessions and give to the poor. I then discussed which possessions in my life I would cling to (or have a hard time giving up) if Jesus told me to sell all of my possessions. Because even though I am not by any means a rich man, I do have a lot of prized possessions. Then I talked about how God takes care of us, meeting our basic needs and more. I even recommended additional reading in the end of Matthew 6.
Long story short, the internet connection got lost, and therefore blogger did not autosave, and I accidently deleted the whole glorious thing.

And then it hit me. I was taking the essay as a possession, and God said, give it up already, just type out the verse and let it be.

So here it is.



Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
(Matthew 19:23-24)

God bless.

No comments: