Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Book Report #3 - The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown

No, I hadn't read this one yet, either. This book is definitely a page turner. I got to a certain point where I said to myself*, "Self, You cannot sleep until this book is finished." So that's what I did last evening. The most fun part about the book was the riddles and codes, some of which I solved before the characters in the book did, which is always fun. There were plenty of dun dun dun moments. All in all a good piece of fiction. Some people might be offended by the ideas that this book puts out, but those are the same people who don't know what fiction means and are offended by many other things on a day to day basis. Read it, have fun, think some things through, and then move on with life.


*Get ready for one of my favorites of all the lame jokes.

4 comments:

Eva Joy said...

Dear Laura,

You are reading books fast (it seems) and I appreciate your reviews. The only one so far that I have already read is The Da Vinci Code and the others I have added to my list as they look like books I would enjoy. What I really wanted to say, though, was that if you enjoyed The Da Vinci Code (which I enjoyed as well) you should read Angels and Demons because I liked it even more.

Just a thought.

Also, we are having a Hanson/Brandes game night on Wed, Feb 6th. If you and Steve could make it, that would be great.

Love ya,
Eva Joy : )

Laura said...

We shall try to be there. But I might have to work. Probably. :)

Laura said...

PS...have you seen Juno yet?

Eva Joy said...

No, but I think it might be the next one that I see. That doesn't mean I'll see it soon as I have seen two movies in the last four months, but someday....when I watch one.....it will probably be Juno.