Now I understand that some things can't be avoided. I also hope that there will be differing opinions by whomever reads this. If everyone agreed all the time, what would we have to discuss?
The other day I was wondering what it would be like to live in a world where everything was closed on Sundays, like in the olden days. Then I wondered what kind of difference it would make if Christians would do all of their shopping/eating out on days other than Sunday. Would it make a difference? How so? Would the change be positive or negative, and in what ways?
This is where the "things that can't be avoided" comes into play. Of course you can't plan when you will need to go to the emergency room, but you can plan to fill your car with gas or to get groceries ahead of time. As for eating out, whatever happened to eating at home with your family?
If a majority of places were closed on Sundays, then people who would normally have to work on Sunday could actually attend church if they wanted to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
People who write blogs want to know someone actually reads them.
You had som good thoughts on Sundays. I was around back in your 'olden days' in the 50s & 60s and we got along fine with Sunday Blue Laws.
Oh, as part of your 239 list, try Westminster Seminary's website for Philadelphia, if you're still looking.
Definitely read through your Bible again. I've done it 21 times in 28 years and always profit from another read.
If you want to check my blog, Google 'Self Indulgent B.S.'
Bob
Thanks Bob.
Post a Comment