Friday, January 4, 2008

239 Things To Do in 2008

...




1. Go to Boston
2. Get new glasses
3. Visit a dentist
4. Apply for seminary
5. Go to Washington DC
6. Write a children’s book
7. Buy a Digital SLR Camera
8. Give all the clothes you don’t wear anymore to Salvation Army
9. Go to Niagara Falls
10. Illustrate the children’s book you plan to write
11. Save a little bit of money each week
12. Write a letter or note to someone and send it in the mail once a week
13. Go Colonial Williamsburg
14. Call your Mom once a week
15. Enter a photography contest
16. Go one day without lip balm
17. Go to a Boston Red Sox Game
18. Learn something about each presidential candidate
19. Get promoted
20. Go for a walk three times a week
21. Go to The Poconos
22. Organize your recipes
23. See the Statue of Liberty
24. Go to New Hampshire
25. Grow your hair ridiculously long
26. Call a friend once a week
27. Go to Vermont
28. Shave a little bit of your legs with every shower
29. Dress up for church
30. Learn more about investing
31. Go to Connecticut
32. Be able to do one pull-up/chin-up
33. Get an I-pod
34. Get more dress clothes
35. Go to Maryland
36. Learn some new words in another language
37. Learn some new English words
38. Put some towels away for later
39. Go to Delaware
40. Clean the oven
41. Go camping in a tent
42. Cook a meal over a campfire
43. Go to New Jersey
44. Eat more fruits
45. Develop a taste for berries
46. Leave the continent
47. Invent a new recipe
48-97. Read 50 books you’ve never read before
98-122. Reread 25 books you have read before
123. Reread the Bible (this will be counted separately from the 25 other books).
124. Go to North Dakota
125. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day
126-177. Take 52 interesting photos
178. Encounter some Rough Giraffes
179. Go to Canada
180. Try fish again (you don’t have to like it)
181. Plant a tree
182. Floss daily
183. Finish a Friday crossword
184. Plant some flowers
185. Watch 24
186. Print photos and put them in an album
187. Move out of Western Pennsylvania
188. Paint a picture
189. Finish off the lotion you have before buying more
190. Go on a date weekly
191. Watch The Office
192. Send Christmas cards
193. Write to your Compassion Child once a month
194. Pray for him daily
195. Get rid of two pairs of shoes for every new pair you buy
196. Find a Bible study outside of Western Pennsylvania
197. Devise a list of verses to read every day for advent
198. Visit a lake
199. Go swimming at least once
200. Go sledding
201. Watch a James Bond movie without falling asleep
202. Go golfing
203. Wear earrings for a day
204. Get one more belt
205. Learn some guitar chords
206. Write a song
207. Maintain your eyebrows
208. Spit in a new ocean
209. Go to a Minnesota Twins game
210. Organize and update your quote calendar
211. Let bygones be bygones
212. Get rid of all the extra bags
213. Wear sunscreen
214. Acquire a frame for the map of the world
215. Learn how to make plum jelly
216. Burn a candle until it is gone
217-226. Develop 10 new characters
227. Create your own coffee shop
228. Sing in front of an audience
229. Grow your own peas
230. Care more about people than their grammar
231. Get a manicure
232. Get a pedicure
233. Get a massage
234. Research the possibility and personal practicality of owning a bicycle
235. Write a short story
236. Write a long story
237. Write an essay
238. Write a letter to an editor
239. Finish this list



...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the list! One down, 238 to go :)

Alright -- 5 per week. I want regular updates!

Laura said...

Hopefully some of them I can accomplish some of them all at once. :)
I shall try to post at least about the new books I've read and the intersting pictures and places.

Laura said...

Wow, that first sentence was rough, now that I've gone back and reread it. Ah well, you get the gist. :)

Eva Joy said...

3)I haven't been in 6 years. I am going on Jan 29th. Yikes.
4)I STRONLGY encourage you to accomplish this one. Seriously.
5)...with Eva.
6)...and read it to Eva.
9)...with Eva.
10)...and show your illustrations to Eva.
11) So simple, yet so hard.
12) Feel free to put me on the list of recipients for this one.
13) Um...is this a trip (Go TO Colonial Williamsburg), a cheer, Go Colonial Williamsburg!) or a plea for Williamsburg to "Go Colonial?" I think I like the last option. Go Colonial, Williamsburg!
15) I will vote for you.
16) Is this humanly possible??
21) I would highly suggest completeing this one when I am in the Poconos as well. Those dates are roughly Aug 16-24. Try not to leave for Lithuania before then.
26) I am willing to be a recipient on this list as well.
30)You have a brother-in-law who could help you out quite a bit with this one.
37)...and teach them to Eva.
38) ....I am not sure I know exactly what this means....
41)...with Eva.
42) Yay Gypsy Gumbo!!!
46)...so that Eva has somewhere fun to come visit (not that W.PA isn't fun...just....you know....)
48-97) Please let me know what these are and if you like them.
98-122) I would be even more interested in these titles as you have already deemed them worthy of being read twice.
124) ??? What's in North Dakota??
126-177)...and show them to Eva.
180) I tried shrimp again at Christmas this year. Still don't like it.
187)...and into Rochester.
188)...and show it to Eva.
189) Again, so simple, yet so hard.
190) Maybe I should make this one of my goals, too. :)
196) We have some good ones in Rochester.
197)...and share it with Eva.
201) Okay, this one isn't simple. It is just plain hard.
206)...and sing it to Eva.
209)...with Eva.
210) Take my word for it, this is a much larger project than you might think!
212) Literal and metaphorical.
227) If you build it, I will come. (Field of Dreams, anyone?)
231)...with Eva.
232)...with Eva.
233)...with Eva.
235)...and share it with Eva.
236)...and share it with Eva.
237)...and share it with Eva.

Laura said...

3) I think it’s been about that long for me, too. Yikes.
4) Hopefully sooner than later.
12) I have something in mind for you. To send. As a note. A note to send to you.
13) It’s actually the third, hidden option. As in, if someone said to me, “Don’t you go all colonial Williamsburg on me.” I would reply, “Oh yes I will go colonial Williamsburg. It’s on my To Do list.”
15) Thanks.
16) I’m shooting for a humid day in the summer. Hopefully.
21) I will let you know. I will let you know.
26) You will be.
30)Thankfully.
38) It’s to be taken literally. We have a lot of towels that we don’t even use. I think I will pack them away for a later time and in the meantime open up some cupboard/drawer space.
48-97) Will do.
98-122) Certainly.
124) Not me. Weirdly enough, I’ve never been there. I figure it’s high time.

189) The other day I was out and about and didn’t have any lotion, and I actually considered going and getting a small amount just to have in my purse. But then I didn’t, because I remembered my list.
190) You should! Top priority.
196) I’ll keep that in mind.
201) Pud’nere impossible. I’ll need Steve by my side.
209) maybe in Minnesota, maybe not.
210) I’ll have to come to you for moral support.
227) I’m holding you to this.