Monday, November 10, 2008

26 Years Ago


With my Dad. I looked at this picture for a long time and can't get over how much of my brother I can see in my dad's face.

Anyway, once upon a time I was a baby. And then in a blink of an eye I'm too old to be having quarter life crises (is this how you spell the plural of crisis?). And, in the blink of an eye, I'm spending my first birthday out of the country, and it has been wonderful. I've been sung to several times -- including getting sent this. I've been given flowers, cakes (some with candles, even), notes, and lots of well wishes. Birthday's are a big deal here, I'm finding out. But I'm also glad for all the greetings and wishes from back home -- it's been a great day so far. It's 10:04pm here, so 2:04pm in Minnesota. I'm a nerd, so I of course know that I was born at 2:04pm in Minnesota (during an ice storm, ask my mom). Even though I've been celebrating all day (and let's be honest, quite a bit yesterday), officially now is my birthday, and I'm ready to go to bed.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I also can't get over how dark I was when I was born. The older I get, the paler I become.

Emily Grace said...

Wow, your brother does resemble your dad a lot!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, also! I know you're sleeping now, so this may come a little late. But trust me, it's still your birthday here!

Missing you.