You'd have to be a fool to think that eating fruit is unhealthy. What is a little more tricky is staying healthy without eating any fruit at all. I don't really care all that much for eating fruit. Especially berries. Never have. I'm more of a pastas and vegetables type of person.
I wish I liked fruit. I keep trying it, just in case I will start liking it. My life would be easier if I liked fruit -- especially berries. It would be easier just in the fact that it would save me the agony of explaining to someone's unbelieving face that I truly don't enjoy that many fruits -- especially berries.
Here are the fruits I do like:
bananas
tomatos
apples
watermelon
honey dew
pineapple (only on pizza)
Juices I will drink (pulp free):
Orange
Pineapple
Lemonade
Jelly that I like (NOT jam or preservatives):
Plum
Grape
sometimes cherry
That's it.
So now it's going to be my goal to at least have some fruit that I like every day. To have a more balanced diet. It will be D I F F I C U L T. I will have to be really intentional about trying to think about not only buying fruit, but then eating it before it expires.
Think of how healthy I will be (that might be what I have to keep telling myself).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"The benefits of fruit are so well accepted that the USDA recommends at least five servings a day of fruit in your diet."
--http://www.oohoi.com/natural%20remedy/everyday_food/Benefits-of-Fruit.htm
FIVE SERVINGS A DAY!! Who eats that much of anything? YIKES!
I will start out small and work my way up. For example: today I've eaten 2 bananas. That's 2 servings, I think?
Good idea! Sometimes the best way to make yourself eat something you don't want to is figure out what about it you DO like. Aaron and I discovered we kept buying the same fruits and veggies over and over and never really liked to eat them. We each made a list of our favorite fruits and veggies, so now we make a conscious effort to buy things we'll actually eat.
Sometimes even the things I do like get forgotten about. Take for example the bananas that I threw away today because they were BEYOND banana bread worthy.
Post a Comment