I made 2 liters of plum jelly today. The jars are still cooling, and then the jelly has to set for 24 hours. I hope it sets. If it doesn't set, then it won't be jelly. It will either be more work, or plum sauce. I really hope it works, because I loooooove plum jelly. And if I found out that I could make it on my own, it would be the greatest discovery. However, I need to find a place that sells inexpensive jars -- otherwise it's not worth the money.
Also, we didn't have hardly any of the proper equipment, so we had to improvise quite a bit. Instead of cheesecloth, we used metal strainers and then finally our magic bullet. We didn't have a special kettle for canning, so we used the tallest regular kind we could find.
And being it is the Thanksgiving season (NOT Christmas yet! Shame on all of you who have Christmas decorations up already!), here is what I am thankful for as it relates to plum jelly making:
1. Steve's help
2. The magic bullet's help
3. The fact that the grocery store down the street was selling Slyvos (plums).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment