Thursday, March 27, 2008

Running

I can never remember a time in my life where I have enjoyed running. I am not fast at it, and I have no endurance. So I would never choose to run in any sort of race, be it a sprint or a marathon. For me, running is not that fun. I don't feel the freedom and exhilaration that it must bring others (otherwise, why would anyone run at all, unless they are being chased?).

That all being said, I've also decided that I am not in great shape. It should be obvious that I'm not in great shape, as I cannot run very fast or for very long. Being up for a challenge, I decided to start running. Or jogging (yogging...I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.)

I haven't ran really anywhere yet, but to prove how serious I am about this, I got myself some running shoes.


Tomorrow it is supposed to rain (70% chance), so if I do any running, it will have to be indoors. We'll see what happens, we'll see what happens. My hope is that by the end of the summer, I will grow to like running, as it is not a bad habit to get into.