Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just call me grandma

I think I am going to try to start making jams and jellies, starting with my favorite, Plum Jelly. YUM!
I've already figured out that I like to make things that go in jars (pizza sauce, being that), and want to see how making other things that could be sealed for a long time suit me.
I'll let you know how it goes.
First I need to acquire some tools and supplies, and more importantly, the time.

7 comments:

Guy Magno said...

Laura, I like your blog.

Laura said...

Thanks Guy.

Emily Grace said...

How long are you doing it for? I know I won't make it so long... I'm going for a week. Maybe two.

ashpad said...

i am still stuck on the fact that you could make it to 239 posts on 2/3/9
...i don't know why you wouldn't shoot for this. no one said you had to post every day, just an equivilant to one a day-- many times you could write more than one a day. it doesn't always happen that you get all your thoughts out in one sitting.

Guy Magno said...

I agree w/Ashpad.

Why can't I subscribe to you?

Emily Grace said...

I also agree. I must admit, I was saddened when for several days after your Implications post, you didn't post. But, Laura, you can do it!

Laura said...

I suppose I could try...and I know excuses are LAME, but it has been an unbelievably busy week, and this coming wednesday we are leaving for Turkey (and since I need a true break, I doubt we'll be spending time on the computer) for 8 days. So I will have to make up for some lost time.
I suppose it truly would be an opus then.
Also, you know, a good friend is coming to visit us in January, and I don't want to be on here posting 22 times a day while we could be showing off Lithuania and hanging out.

ps...Guy, I don't know why you can't subscribe.