This morning in between snoozes I dreamed that I was being believer baptized.
And it was this whole big show. Fancier than a wedding. Or maybe fancy isn't the word. It was certainly an event though. It was outdoors, and I was wearing a long white dress. In the dream I was watching myself. At the beginning was all this fanfare. The coolest part was these little pockets of confetti that were launched in a similar way to fireworks. They were shot off, and then when they were just above everyone's heads they would burst and confetti would be everywhere. After it was over, Steve whispered in my ear, "You only have 12 months to figure out what you actually believe about all this."
That's it. When I woke up, I couldn't stop thinking, "That was ridiculous." When I told Steve this, he asked, "Why, because of all the ceremony, or the fact that you were wearing a white dress that would be see-through when you were done?"
I hadn't thought of that second part. Both in and out of the dream.
Anyway, I'm not sure what 12 months means either. Other than 1 year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I thought urbandictionary might be able to help you interpret your dream. I looked up "12", and the first definition:
The Police. Any law enforcement agent. See also "PO-PO" and "ONE-TIME."
There is not definition for month yet. Which therefore means that you will get into some sort of police trouble, though it is rather ambiguous as of right now.
I am guessing it might have something to do with wearing a see-through dress in public, or littering confetti everywhere. Just a guess?
It means that in one year you will have a child, and you will have to decide when you would like that child (which will probably have a middle name of Joshua, or perhaps Jim Flaa) to be baptized.
You're welcome.
Emily - I will try to stay low for a while...and be careful not to litter, or wear suspicious clothing.
Josh - Don't you think "Joshua" is a little too old testament? And Tony, should he ever produce offspring, probably has dibs on naming them Jim Flaa.
PS...do you know of any good books to read on the topic? (on baptism, not on Mr. Flaa) I only have 12 months to figure it out.
I would love to hear Tony's reaction if you told him to name his child after Jim. And I would love to hear about the circumstances that led to Tony producing offspring. Oh, man.
I don't know any good books off hand, but I also need to decide where I stand on the issue.
I'd rather just not make decisions ever.
Let me know if you find any. Actually I'm not going to think about it until I have to. Which is not now.
Post a Comment