Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm not worried

I'm not.

I know there's the ever-looming issue of President Obama's stance on a woman's right to choose to kill her unborn child.

And I don't agree that that's ok. I don't. But do I think the nation will be in ruins at the end of 4 years (any more than it already is?)? That's not for me to say.

What is for me to say? I've never been one to get too into politics. I've never fully agreed with or wholeheartedly followed any candidate. And this time is no exception. I've exercised my right to vote every chance I have had, and I've tried to base my decisions on who to vote for based on where they stand on the issues I think are important and relevant (irregardless of what party they are apart of). And I have to confess that there are issues that I don't understand...and there are issues that I don't care about.

I just now realized that this post could go in so many different directions and so many different tangents (in fact, just deleted a whole couple of paragraphs).

I don't think I'm qualified to tell you what to think about the president whether you voted for him or not. I think that there are a lot of issues that I agree with him on. There are some that I don't agree with him on. One thing I do know, is that he will need a lot of prayer. He needs a lot of prayer. Anyone in his position would.

A verse that comes to mind is:
Proverbs 28:2 When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily. But wise and knowledgeable leaders bring stability.

It comes to mind not because I think he will lead the nation down the path of moral rot (I think a lot of people are already there, and have been prior to his leadership), but because I would pray that he would be a wise and knowledgeable leader. I pray that there would be some stability and unity. A nation divided among itself will not stand.

And I pray for that one issue that so many people get stuck on. I pray that women (and men) would make the right choices before, during, and after pregnancy. That they would be educated about it. (I just thought of something for another post...good thing I need to have a couple of posts a day).



1 comment:

Laura said...

I have no idea why this post is formatting so weirdly. I've gone back three times to try to fix it, and every time the font is different on the top half than on the bottom half.

Oh well.