Saturday, January 10, 2009

Progress Report -- January

1. Start and complete a 500-1000 piece jig-saw puzzle (This will be difficult. Challenging. And I may have to start now if I want to finish by the end of the year. I am not good at jig-saw puzzles).

I have acquired the puzzle

2. Work my way up to eating 5 servings of fruit per day (I've learned that I can't start cold-turkey. Mmmm.....turkey).

Not there yet, but have tried a new kind of fruit. Don't love it, but don't hate it either.

3. Reduce more, Recycle more, Reuse more (not because it's green, but because it's what I've been taught since childhood)

Been thinking a lot about how I can practically implement this. More to come on this resolution, I'm sure.

4. Continue to try to like tea. Learn more about the different kinds enough to have an educated conversation about tea with someone who loves it.

Have acquired mugs for drinking loose leaf tea.

5. Practice Lithuanian

The hardest part is hearing (understanding) Lithuanian. We have an antenna for our small TV, and I might practice listening to Lithuanian TV.

6. Learn the Russian alphabet, and some words

Have not started yet, but have the Rosetta Stone in hand.

7. Read the manual for our camera

I have a plan for incorporating this into the blog, if and when I get time (there's still a lot of 2009 left).

8. Stop touching facial blemishes

Suck at this one, but good habits take time.

9. Learn more about the church calendar

Truly an interest. I hope I don't put this one on the back burner.


Of course, there's still more of 2008 goals that I am still working on. Such is life.

3 comments:

ashpad said...

I have two comments.

1. I experience God more in the wind than in a sanctuary. Hands down.

2. Referring to your first goal [puzzle], I was once there myself. Puzzles were the death of me. However, now I'm at the point that if I go home on a weekend Matt and I will put a 1500 piece together in a few hours, easy. This was to inspire hope. There is hope.

Laura said...

Thanks for the hope.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your progress! I'm enjoying reading along as you check things off your list.

You're certainly ahead of me... See?